The National Science Foundation is a small, independent agency with a giant mission — “to promote the progress of science; to advance the national health, prosperity, and welfare; to secure the national defense…” How does one small agency do all of that with limited people and budget? They get good partners.
For over a decade, we have worked side-by-side with the Foundation’s Human Resource Management (HRM) Division to provide them with expert advice, practical solutions, and extra hands to tackle all of the challenges (large and small) that come with engaging a workforce intent on providing funding for research that will drive the U.S. economy, enhance the nation’s security, and advance knowledge to sustain global leadership. As their partner, we have-
- Conducted workforce analyses and developed workforce projection models
- Developed and delivered new employee onboarding and executive transition and leadership development programs
- Analyzed and reported employee engagement and human capital analytics
- Designed and managed hundreds of hours of instructor-led and web-based learning and development offerings
- Supported and provided expertise for countless human capital accountability reports, requests, and initiatives from stakeholders such as OPM and OMB
We continue to work tirelessly to provide HRM the support they need to stay focused on their mission- to attract, retain, and empower a talented and diverse workforce that can promote the progress of science.