FMP Consulting is now a Women-Owned Small Business on GSA HR 738x!
The General Services Administration (GSA) provides a full array of Human Resource Employment and Support Services through the Human Resources Schedule 738X. Federal Management Partners, Inc. (DBA FMP Consulting) is a Prime contractor under Special Item Number (SIN) 595-21.
- Managed by: An agency’s contracting shop
- Available to: All Federal Agencies
- Services: Employee Relations, Planning, Position Classification, Personnel Actions, Recruitment and Internal Placement, and Training
- Contract type: Firm Fixed Price (FFP) or Time and Materials (T&M)
- Vendor: Federal Management Partners, Inc.
- Contract Number: GS-02F-0155Y
- Special Item Number: 595-21 (excluding EEO services)
- Contract Period: June 2012 – June 2022
- Maximum Order: $1,000,000
- Minimum Order: $100
- Business Size: Small Business, Woman-Owned
- Visit the GSA 738X Website to read about this contract vehicle
- For more information about the services FMP can provide through GSA 738X, please contact FMP’s Business Development team at BD@fmpconsulting.com.
Labor Categories and Descriptions
OPM defines SIN 595-21 as the development of effective human capital management strategies, enhanced policy, and plans that ensure federal organizations are able to manage a highly qualified, productive, and diverse workforce focused on results aligned with agency mission, goals, and objectives in accordance with merit system principles. FMP offers a full range of services under this SIN, including but not limited to:
- Workforce Planning. FMP provides both traditional staffing modeling support as well as develops cutting-edge, web-based modeling and analytical tools; conducts future state and trend analysis; performs comprehensive human resource audits; and, provides a range of data-driven forecasting techniques through the use of subject matter experts, workforce skills assessment, trend projection, and other proven methods.
- Human Capital Strategy. FMP offers the development of effective human capital management strategies, enhanced policy, and plans that ensure federal organizations are able to manage a highly qualified, productive, and diverse workforce focused on results aligned with agency mission, goals, and objectives. Sample services include: identifying strategic HR needs; defining HR and business function roles and accountabilities; establishing HR measures and performance metrics; developing/administering HR programs and policies; developing strategies for HR systems, tools, and technologies; and, developing and implementing human capital strategic plans.
- Organizational Design & Position Classification. FMP has expertise conducting a broad range of classification functions, spanning numerous occupations and grades, in accordance with Title 5 and other specialized hiring authorities. We provide position description review, implementation of classification standards, advice on position management and organizational structure, and preparation of position descriptions. We partner with our clients to assess workforce composition (e.g., employee types, grades, and skills), workload, and business processes to ensure the organizational design aligns with the mission and strategic vision of the organization.
- Diversity & Inclusion. FMP expertly applies industry best practice and legal guidance in support of strategic HR consulting, recruitment/selection, workforce assessment, and program design, evaluation, and integration to assist organizations with maximizing workplace diversity.
- Employee Engagement & Communications. With expertise in topic areas such as improving individual and group dynamics, morale and team building, FMP provides all of the strategic HR consulting services necessary to plan and implement programs and methodologies that enhance employee engagement and satisfaction. We also offer comprehensive communication services (e.g., developing strategic communications plans, internal and external social media utilization, etc.) to help increase the effectiveness of human capital strategies, policies, and operational planning initiatives.
- Organizational Development. FMP provides a broad range of strategic organizational development services (e.g., change management support and HR process assessment and improvement) as well as transactional organizational development services, including support for processing the full range of federal personnel actions related to the federal employee lifecycle from acquisition to retirement (e.g., processing Standard Form 50, providing advice and assistance on technical matters related to employee records, and preparing reports). FMP also serves an integrator, assisting government program managers in connecting related functions performed by multiple contractors.
OPM defines the Talent Acquisition function as the establishment of internal programs and procedures for attracting, recruiting, assessing, and selecting highly qualified, productive employees with appropriate skills and competencies, from all sectors of society, all in accordance with merit system principles. FMP offers a full range of services under this SIN, including but not limited to:
- Talent Acquisition Management. FMP works with clients to develop workforce plans that align with and optimize business unit strategies and resourcing needs. Our team of federal HR experts and Industrial/Organizational psychologists have deep experience determining critical competencies through job analysis. The assessment approaches and tools we design are compliant with legal and professional standards, such as the Uniform Guidelines on Employee Selection Procedures and OPM’s Human Capital Framework. In addition, we prepare job descriptions, develop and post job requisitions, provide advice and guidance to hiring managers, create applicant records, and manage/track applicant data.
- Candidate Sourcing & Recruitment. FMP provides extensive candidate sourcing and recruitment support to help agencies find best-in-class human capital talent. Examples services include: performing external recruitment using a variety of methods; managing comprehensive internal recruitment and placement programs (e.g., merit promotions, transfers of function, reassignments, details, rotational training assignments, reductions-in-force, etc.); and, managing internships and mentoring assignments.
- Candidate Assessment & Selection. FMP designs, implements and reviews eligibility requirements/evaluation criteria and performs qualifications analysis and management for a wide range of special recruitment programs (e.g., SES, Pathways Program, Schedule A, etc.). In support of these efforts, FMP identifies, develops and deploys candidate selection tools; interviews and tests applicants; and, selects the best-qualified candidates based on demonstrated skills and competencies.
- New Hire In-Processing. FMP provides the full range of new hire in-processing services to ensure employees are ready to contribute to the mission on Day 1. Sample services include: developing job offers, negotiating an offer, hiring a candidate, and managing and automating in-processing forms.
- Candidate Suitability. FMP partners with agencies to uphold the integrity and efficiency of their services by managing and executing the candidate suitability process, ultimately ensuring fitness for employment. Sample services include: fitness testing, skills assessment, psychological testing, and aptitude assessment.
OPM defines the Talent Development function as the implementation and maintenance of comprehensive employee development and engagement programs to meet current and future talent demands of the agency and to develop and retain quality, high performing, and diverse talent. FMP offers a full range of services under this SIN, including but not limited to:
- Talent Development Planning & Strategy. FMP offers the implementation and maintenance of comprehensive programs to meet current and future talent demands of the agency and to develop and retain quality, high performing, and diverse talent. Example services include: providing advice, guidance and assistance clients in managing self-improvement training resources; providing assistance in identifying training needs and requirements; coordinating the availability of various training programs, career development programs, executive leadership programs, and tuition assistance programs; encouraging participation and accountability in the training program(s); counseling management and employees to determine optimal methods of meeting organizational and career developmental needs; and, recommending, designing, and/or conducting talent development programs in areas related to HR.
- Workforce Development, Training & Training Devices. Skilled staff from FMP’s Learning and Development (L&D) Center of Excellence provide best-in-class workforce development and training services. Rooted in adult learning principles, FMP’s training and development offerings equip employees with practical knowledge and skills to improve their job performance and develop in their careers. Sample offerings include: conducting leadership training workshops and developing/deploying leadership assessment surveys.
- Learning Management. FMP successfully supports the management and administration of agencies’ talent development programs. Sample offerings include: administering both traditional and automated Learning Management Systems (LMS); performing comprehensive data analytics; reporting, testing and conducting test administration educational program research and development; and, providing general HR consulting services to optimize learning management.
OPM defines the Performance Management function as the creation implementation, and maintenance of comprehensive employee performance management practices, programs, and activities that support customer agency mission objectives. The approach ensures agency employees are demonstrating competencies required of their work assignments. FMP offers a full range of services under this SIN, including but not limited to:
- Employee Performance Management. FMP offers the creation, implementation, maintenance, and evaluation of comprehensive employee performance management practices, programs, and strategies that help managers distinguish performance and link individual performance to agency goals. Services include, but are not limited to: defining performance objectives; reviewing, appraising, and managing employee performance; evaluating and reviewing the performance management program; and, managing employee performance at the individual level and evaluating the overall effectiveness of the agency’s employee development approach and incentives.
- Recognition Management. FMP provides clients with a comprehensive suite of recognition management services to optimize the impact of recognition programs and offerings. Examples include: analyzing current recognition and reward programs and practices to ensure they are aligned to organizational business and people strategies; motivating individual/team/organizational achievement; encouraging managers to champion recognition programs; communicating the recognition and reward strategy to employees; and, evaluative the effectiveness of recognition approaches and incentives.
OPM defines Benefits Management as the design, development, and implementation of compensation, benefit and retention programs to support customer agency mission objectives and workforce strategy. FMP offers a full range of services under this SIN, including but not limited to:
- Compensation Management. FMP provides comprehensive support to design, develop and implement compensation policies and programs that attract, retain and fairly compensate employees, adhere to applicable law and regulation, and align with agency goals. We provide strategic, administrative and management support in the planning and adoption of non-discretionary (government-wide) agency discretionary and alternative compensation programs that are fair, equitable and promote retention as well as design and implement supporting tools, processes, and systems.
- Work Schedule & Leave Administration. FMP provides comprehensive support to design, develop and implement work schedule and leave administration policies and programs that attract, retain and meet work-life needs of employees, adhere to applicable law and regulation, and align with agency goals. We ensure systems support accurate and timely benefits for employees and provide consulting and program management services in support of the creation of work schedules.
- Benefits Administration. FMP provides consulting and management support services to ensure proper determination, allocation, and disbursement of employee benefits, including the processing and adjudication of workers compensation claims. This includes managing the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs and employee enrollment, processing claims, and performing benefits reconciliation.
- Workers’ Compensation. FMP applies our deep knowledge of the Federal Employees’ Compensation Act (FECA) in the management and processing of workers’ compensation claims. Sample services include: providing technical and managerial assistance; monitoring hearing and appeal responses; counseling claimants in filing injury reports and establishing the essential elements of the claim; developing training programs for employees and management; developing return-to-work strategies; and, claims re-validation assessments and administrative inquiries to confirm or refute suspicions or allegations of invalid claim status.
- Work-Life Wellness/Employee Assistance Programs. As an eight-time recipient of Companies as Responsive Employers (CARE) award winner, FMP recognizes the importance work-life effectiveness as a tool for optimizing organizational success. FMP helps organizations manage and implement these programs and services, which are critical to helping employees work through various life challenges that may adversely affect job performance, health, and personal well-being.
OPM defines the Separation Management function as conducting efficient and accurate HC processing actions in support of employee separation or retirement. Examples of Separation and Retirement work includes but is not limited to: conducting efficient and accurate HC processing actions in support of employee separation or retirement, handling the appropriate notifications and determining the terms of the separation. Ensuring knowledge transfer occurs between the separating employee and remaining employees. FMP offers a full range of services under this SIN, including but not limited to:
- > Separation Counseling. FMP employs a full range of services to help separating employees and/or their families with the transition. Sample services include: providing HR consulting services specific to retirement as well as providing comprehensive outplacement support (e.g., career transition services in response to downsizing and reorganizing; training, counseling and guidance in areas such as self-assessment; knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA) assessment; job aptitude/interest inventories; group and individual counseling; career and job workshops; resume writing; job search methods; interview and negotiation techniques; stress management; and, personal financial management and job training).
- Retirement Planning & Processing. FMP offers professional consulting services in support of retirement planning. We support retirement application processing, application adjudication, and retirement payment processing.
- Retirement Management. FMP provides consulting and management support in the design and implementation of customer agency retirement protocols, including the oversight and maintenance of related systems, tools, and processes.
OPM defines the Employee Relations function as the design, development and implementation of programs to ensure mission effectiveness through employee accountability and that strive to maintain an effective employer-employee relationship that balances the agency’s needs against its employees’ rights. FMP offers a full range of services under this SIN, including but not limited to:
- Employee Misconduct Remediation. FMP partners with agencies to develop policies and supporting resources that outline employee conduct expectations, define misconduct, specify supervisory responsibilities, establish appropriate protocols allowing employees to respond to allegations. Example services include: performing case management; reviewing proposed correspondence for regulatory compliance; and, serving as an interface with various critical stakeholders (e.g., legal union representatives, Department of Labor [DOL], the Office of Personnel Management [OPM], etc.).
- Employee Performance Remediation. FMP partners with agencies to develop processes that outline and describe corrective actions for departures from established performance standards that are required to fulfill job responsibilities and contribute to mission success. Example services include: performing case management; reviewing proposed correspondence for regulatory compliance; and, serving as an interface with various critical stakeholders (e.g., legal union representatives, Department of Labor [DOL], the Office of Personnel Management [OPM], etc.).
- Administrative Grievances & Third-Party Proceedings. FMP has substantial experience working with agencies to administer and support a variety of functions related to administrative grievances and third-party proceedings. Sample services include: providing comprehensive support in disciplinary actions as they relate to complaints, grievances, and appeals; leave administration, recognition and awards, performance management and appraisal, insurance benefits, Thrift Savings Plan, and retirements; providing guidance and assistance in completing necessary processes and documentation; providing guidance and assistance in monitoring and assessing the value of the operation of a complaint receipt system; performing case management; assisting in the review of correspondence for regulatory compliance; and, serving as an interface with various critical stakeholders (e.g., legal union representatives, Department of Labor [DOL], the Office of Personnel Management [OPM], etc.).
- Employee Suitability. FMP works closely with agencies to assess employee-position fit and appropriateness to protect the integrity of the organization and promote the efficiency of the service. Examples of suitability support services FMP provides include: assisting in determining candidate/employee suitability based on information collected both inside and outside of the HR process (e.g., interviews, skills assessment, skills testing and resume review).
- Reasonable Accommodation Programming. FMP partners with agencies to develop and implement a variety of functions, processes, and supporting resources to effectively manage reasonable accommodation programs. Examples of these services include: performing case management; reviewing proposed correspondence for regulatory compliance; and, serving as an interface with various critical stakeholders (e.g., legal union representatives, Department of Labor [DOL], the Office of Personnel Management [OPM], etc.).
OPM defines the Labor Relations function as managing of the relationship between the agency and its management associations, unions and bargaining units. This includes negotiating and administering labor contracts and collective bargaining agreements; managing negotiated grievances; and participating in negotiated third-party proceedings. Includes adjudication of issues related to Disaster Relief. FMP offers a full range of services under this SIN, including but not limited to:
- Labor Relations Management. FMP helps agencies establish an environment and develop resources conducive for ongoing communication between union and management between management and non-labor organizations. Sample services include: performing case management; meditating and/or Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), as needed; reviewing correspondence for regulatory sufficiency or compliance; and, serving as an interface with various critical stakeholders (e.g., legal union representatives, Department of Labor [DOL], the Office of Personnel Management [OPM], etc.).
- Negotiated Grievances & Third Party Proceedings. FMP assists agencies in the establishment and application of procedures and guidelines to be followed by employees, management or the union when resolving disputes or conflicts. Sample services include: performing case management; meditating and/or Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), as needed; reviewing correspondence for regulatory sufficiency or compliance; and, serving as an interface with various critical stakeholders (e.g., legal union representatives, Department of Labor [DOL], the Office of Personnel Management [OPM], etc.).
- Collective Bargaining. FMP provides agencies with comprehensive collective bargaining support, helping to facilitate a process that results in solutions and agreements that are both fair and practical. Sample services include: performing case management; reviewing correspondence for regulatory sufficiency or compliance; and, serving as an interface with various critical stakeholders (e.g., legal union representatives, Department of Labor [DOL], the Office of Personnel Management [OPM], etc.).
OPM defines the Workforce Analytics and Employee Records function as the implementation of systematic, flexible, and inclusive process to review workforce and performance data, metrics, and results, to anticipate and plan for future strategic and operational requirements and to make holistically informed Human Capital Management decisions. FMP offers a full range of services under this SIN, including but not limited to:
- Employee Inquiry Processing. FMP supports customer agencies in the process of receiving, responding to, and recording information related to employee inquiries, questions, concerns, complaints or suggestions.
- Employee Research. FMP uses surveys, focus groups and other data-gathering methods to reveal the attitudes, opinions and feelings of employees that could influence change within the organization. We have particular expertise in the management, administration and analysis of the Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey (FEVS) and other employee opinion surveys as well as deep experience with a wide variety of federally compliant survey tools and platforms.
- Workforce & Performance Reporting. FMP develops workforce and performance reporting to communicate organizational composition, identify resources utilization, and/or highlight achievements data to relevant stakeholders that help inform goal creation and drive positive change.
- Workforce & Performance Analytics. FMP’s team of Industrial-Organizational psychologists and statisticians expertly apply a range of statistical tools and techniques in the analysis of recruitment, staffing, training and development, personnel, and compensation and benefits data, as well as time to fill, cost per hire, accession rate, retention rate, replacement rate, and offer acceptance rate data. We synthesize raw data, identifying trends and meaningful conclusions that help agencies make data-driven decisions to improve organizational outcomes.
- Records Management. FMP helps organizations establish and implement standards of accuracy, relevancy, necessity, timeliness, and completeness for personnel records, and prescribes processes for the creation, collection, processing, use, revision, and maintenance of employee data.
- Records Disclosure. FMP helps organizations with the maintenance, protection, furnishing, and amendment of records as defined by the Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. 552a).
OPM defines the Agency Human Capital Evaluation function as assessing results achieved across all Human Capital Management systems and activities in support of mission goals to identify and implement improvements. FMP offers a full range of services under this SIN, including but not limited to:
- Human Capital Programmatic Evaluation. As the only North American affiliate of the Kirkpatrick Partners, evaluation is engrained into everything FMP does. We leverage and tailor this best practice framework to help agencies perform meaningful self-assessments of their human capital strategy, services, and practices to improve return on investment, quality, efficiency, and employee satisfaction.
|Labor Category||738X Hourly||738X Daily|