How FMP Does Teleworking – An Interview with Our Remote Employees
March 17, 2020 in Flexibility, Teams
By Ben Chartoff, Ashley Agerter Raitor, Emily Fairbairn, Mike Camburn
At FMP, we practice flexibility every day – not just in specific situations, but in our work arrangements. Many employees based out of our office in Shirlington, VA work remotely 1 – 2 days a week; however, we also have full-time remote employees located across the country. We are proud to share the best practices, tools, and techniques we use to help other organizations support a productive virtual work environment.
In this video blog (vlog), we use Microsoft Teams to interview three full-time remote employees at FMP – Ashley Agerter Raitor, Emily Fairbairn, and Mike Camburn. These seasoned FMPers share their personal teleworking experiences, suggestions for staying connected with teams, and insight into how to maintain a successful remote work arrangement. We ask them a variety of questions, including:
- What are the pros and cons of working remotely?
- How do you build and maintain relationships with clients and colleagues?
- What strategies do you use to stay motivated and focused?
- How do you keep work and home life separate from each other?
- What are the benefits for employers in supporting telework arrangements, especially in times like these when employees need to practice social distancing?
Has your organization recently transitioned to working remotely? Share your experiences in teleworking with us on LinkedIn!